|Excellent Scenery – Straight To The Postcards|
|On the way on Prithvi Highway|
|Riparian Beauty resonates on the banks|
The flora relax gleefully cushioned in the laps of grass, spreading colors and bliss (and sights as below) with plenty of shades and varieties on offer, all across the journey.
The flowers in their bloom appeared to garland the trees.
|Flowers relaxing gleefully on the cushion of the gaps|
|Flowers garlanding the Trees|
The currents of the river are primly suited for the several water front activities including the popular river rafting. There are scores of rafting beaches that are manifested by the artificial beaches and basic infrastructure developed and maintained by the respective rafting companies.
As a suggestion, it is highly recommended to take the river rafting exercise en-route. These are coupled with excellent rapids, clean shores and inexpensive tour costs.
(The lush green settings and playful river currents like below are as inviting as rafting itself !)
|Rapids and Natural Beauty – Couple that with Rafting for a great experience|
One small landmark that is sure to catch attention is the bridge that is encountered on the way.
Beneath, sights of spectacular gorges and river flow in its might with twists is sure to behold on the senses, that cut across by lush green forests.
|This bridge is sure to catch the attention.|
|Gorges and the Gorgeous Settings|
|Trishuli River – Beauty at its Best|
|Nature’s Delights forcing you to Soak in the Background|
- There are a very few options to travel overnight between the cities, so for all practical reasons, one needs to travel during the day time. (Trust me with the type of landscapes on the offer, you won’t complain a slightest bit)
- There are no road lights, no hill dividers across the entire highway!
- Count 7 + hours for the journey. That takes in count the odd travel jams.
- Hitchhiking is possible and would be fun on the way!
- There are a many places to hang around.
- A group of 7-8 people may come pool together to hire the local favorite, ‘Hi Ace’. There is a substantial cost to be saved on the local sightseeing in Pokhara, that at times, may get exorbitant !
- The route across Kathmandu and Pokhara is also a common place for some arterial detours to major cities including those in the Terai region.
- Rafting is a seasonal activity and depends on the rapids and the temperature of the water.
- Update on Earthquake 2015 : The effect of earthquake in 2015 did not to seem to have a bearing as in March 2016. Most of the roads were in pretty good shape.