The expectations had been laid on the Prithvi Highway. At Lekhnath, the notches were set even higher.
While the earlier journey from Kathmandu to Pokhara seemed to be a destination in itself, Lekhnath was truly a bliss in itself.
Calm water of the lake. Himalayan ranges on the backdrop, A slow and content local life. Small farms just on the other side the lake. Sky full of birds. Array of colorfully placed boats.
Almost everything about the place seemed like a surreal, and set in different time.
|Harmony – Evenness of the Farm and Wilderness of the Mountains|
At one point, even the evenness of the farms on the ground harmonized with the wilderness of the mountains and eclectic melancholy of birds. The lush green mountains paved way for the mightier grandiose of the snow capped Himalayas.
At one point, it appeared as if the reflection of the dancing tree leaves had created waves in water!
|Ridge demarcates the lake and the farm.|
A ridge across the lake demarcates the farms from the water. This ridge is also perfectly suited to take a fulfilling walk across the lake to immerse in the exquisite surroundings as also to catch a glimpse of the setting sun and the chirping birds.
|Ridge – That takes you to the mountain across the lake|
|Another View of the Ridge|
The quaint picturesque setting is amplified with the restive boats lined up across the shore. The visitors can undertake boating in the lake which is highly suggested.
The twirling curl of the lake across the mountain is going to catch your attention.
|Restive boats that amplifies the beauty of the place|
As one heads towards the lake, a few rock formations are also to be witnessed. These structures definitely add to the beauty of the landscape.
|Rugged Landscape – Rocks with their scaling|
A picture is worth a thousand words. And landscapes like these, worth a million pictures !
|Now that was breathtaking !|
- Pokhara is famed for 7 lakes around the city.
- The Lake at Lekhnath and Phewa lake are different and therefore they may be included in the itinerary.
- The place is good for relaxing and watching the nature at best.
- Boating may be done in Phewa, if that is already your itinerary.
- There is a provision of a municipal parking available around the lake.
- There aren’t many options for quickbites/snacks around, so pack your bags accordingly.
- The best time of the day to visit the place would be evenings.