|Ponte showcasing the upcoming Venice festival|
We caught up with our lunch and then took a ride of the magic of Venice in the water bus and saw the sun setting somewhere in Venice.
That was the best evening of my Life.
(Travel across Venice through night on the post ‘Venice, Through the Night‘.)
- Glass based artifacts
- Gondola rides are highly overrated. These rides are simply not worth the price you pay.
- Sometimes it may be difficult to find places. As a thumb rule, begin with some idea of your destination in Venice from the tourist center.
- Free Maps were not available at the Tourist Center but you could find them at your Hotel.
- Venice is expensive.
- Public transportation is best on the Vaporetti, especially on Single day or 3 day passes. Highly recommended.
- Hotel, at times can be far off from the Vaporetti stops which necessarily have to be covered on feet. Travel light or stay in hotels that are close to Vaporetti stops.
- Venice is more European than other Italian cities with majority of people speaking English.
- Best time to visit is during fall or winters.
- Stayed : 1 day .
- Stayed at : Hotel , Scandinavia – OK, Choose better ‘value for money’ hotels close to Vaporetti stops.
- Traveled with my better half .
- Traveled in TrenItallia from Florence in January 2013.